avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: gump entry for containerkit
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 07:14:44 GMT
On Tue, 10 Dec 2002 17:53, Paul Hammant wrote:
> >In any event we are pretty current on Phoenix.  We are backlevel for the
> >moment on Cornerstone.  Since we are trying to put out a Release Build, we
> >have been reluctant to make the change until that is cut.
>
> Peter did some investigation (after we were pasted and pasted each other
> in the list) and was fairly sure that the Composable->Serviceable issue
> should not ultimately affect JAMES because the Phoenix implementation of
> Serviceable returns Components (capaital C) even when the service
> offered did not. Some careful use of casting is what was needed.

This is a different issue. In this case the cornerstone.services.store.Store
was changed from ComponentSelector to ServiceSelector and
cornerstone.services.sockets.Abstract...Factory became Serviceable rather
than Composable.

This at the request of Greg Steuk (sp?) for James but it seems like he wasn't
a James committer.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we
cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our
responsibilities." -Josiah Stamp