avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject desire for an Apache Wiki
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2002 11:52:58 GMT
Hi all,

(have only been subscribed here a week or two and can't find any
archives so here it goes...)

We had some discussion on setting up a wiki over @ avalon (basically
we'd like one), and I've seen the discussion of a wiki fly by on the
turbine list (a jakarta subproject). I know of a cocoon wiki
(http://outerthought.net/wiki/Wiki.jsp) (an xml subproject), a TCL wiki
(http://mini.net/tcl/) and there's more ASF projects using wikis I can't
remember right now. I also saw a message from Scott Eade on this list re
wikis but I believe it didn't get followed up on.

There's quite a few technologies available that run wikis, from JSP/CVS
(http://www.ecyrd.com/JSPWiki/Wiki.jsp) to Python/Subversion
(http://subwiki.tigris.org/) to Perl/RCS (http://www.twiki.org/). All
seem to be good tools that don't impose too big a strain on hardware or
administrator; I'd be happy using any of 'em (though I'm pretty much
getting hooked on svn).

So my question: what do I do to get an apache-hosted wiki set up? (I
only have an account on icarus, and fairly limited admin experience, of
which none with BSD, so if I were root I would deny me access to all
vital systems, but I'm happy to otherwise help :D)

thanks!

- Leo Simons