avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] PMC Resolution Voting Process
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 08:21:03 GMT
On Sun, 2002-12-08 at 14:01, Stephen McConnell wrote:
> Leo Simons wrote:
>
> >"layman" version of the text below; I think this is for all practical
> >purposes the same but it reads a little easier (the trick: use a
> >1000-word vocabulary ;). If it is indeed the same for practical purposes
> >(Steve?) then I'm happy with the proposal I think.
>
> The text (for all practical purposes) is the same as the proposal.

Gotcha! You've fallen into my simplicity trap :D

If

- it is for all practical purposes the same,
- this documentation is not required to have a watertight legal status,
- the "layman" form is easier to read and understand,

then why not just write the documentation this way and forget about the
formal 'look-n-feel'?

>  This
> is exactly the sort of thing I would image on a web page that descibes
> the policies and procedures concerning decision making.  That same web
> page would also provide a link to the formal document.

What purpose does the "formal" document then serve? I think no-one 'll
be reading it anyway.

cheers,

- Leo