avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Remove all/most one-man codebases
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 17:25:33 GMT
On Thu, 2002-12-05 at 05:49, Rana Bhattacharyya wrote:
> Hi,
>  I am not an avalon developer. So this may not be the
> right mailing list. I apologies beforehand. If I
> understand the previous thousands mails correctly, I
> have no right to be a commiter. Besides that, it seems
> here all the developers are interested about avalon
> life-cycle, container etc. Nobody is really interested
> about the ftp server.

FWIW, I know a few people are interested in the code.

>   Anyway, most of the ftp server part is written by me
> with some exceptions. So may be we can remove it from
> the avalon project entirely. Unless somebody is really
> interested, it is difficult for me to find another
> developer. So in near future, it will remain one man
> code-base.

note this thread wasn't really about FtpServer.

Nevertheless, FTPServer is cool and has potential, it just needs some
better exposure. Avalon might not be the best place at apache to gain
that exposure; some new projects are starting up atm specifically
directed at hosting stuff like FtpServer; when they are ready it might
be nice to move FtpServer there.

cheers!

- Leo