avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Leaving...
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 13:48:12 GMT
On Tue, 2002-12-03 at 12:26, Ulrich Mayring wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> unfortunately I can't keep up with the volume of mails, now that the
> lists are unified. Also, I am only interested in certain developments
> under Phoenix (was on the phoenix-dev list before).

shame; totally understandable though.

> So I will unsubscribe soon, but in leaving I would like to suggest that
> an announce-list is created, that is regularly updated. Not only when a
> new version comes out (which is very rarely and thus no justification
> for a seperate list), but also when new features become implemented or
> new docs are available and such. This would allow people to follow the
> development reasonably well, I think.

there's a few options open to you right now:

- check up on the avalon lists through gmane (ie NNTP mirror); apache
will reasonably soon have its own news server IIUC
- check up on the avalon lists through a web archive (ie
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ViewLists)
- read the bi-monthly jakarta newsletter
(http://jakarta.apache.org/site/news/index.html)
- subscribe to avalon-users, which has much lower traffic; important
stuff gets mentioned there as well

I think the announcement list is cool regardless, though.

cheers,

- Leo