avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@citi-us.com>
Subject RE: [CONCURRENT] manifest question
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 19:18:27 GMT
> From: Stephen McConnell [mailto:mcconnell@apache.org]
>
> Is there are chance that we can get this jar updated to
> include a proper
> manifest in which it declares itself as an extension package with an
> interface and implementation version?

Unfortunately, Doug distributes the JAR in a less than
convenient manner.

We can throw together a package that merely builds his
JAR and adds the manifest info.  He does not provide
a compiled JAR, nor does he provide manifest information
or even a build script.  In regards to building it, YOYO
(You're On Your Own).

It is the basis for the new JDK 1.5 threading mechanisms,
so in the future we will not have to worry about it.  For
now, it is a pain.