avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@citi-us.com>
Subject [Proposal] PMC Resolution Voting Process
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 13:44:41 GMT
I am putting this in another thread because Charter.txt is now
very long and we have two types of voting on the table.  I want
to separate them as much as possible.  Below is my understanding
of the PMC voting process as of the last discussion:

* Strict majority ( > 50% ) with a quorum of 50% of the PMC.

* PMC votes are open for a minimum of one week.

* If quorum cannot be met within one week, voting remains open
  up to two (2) weeks until quorum is met.  If quorum cannot be
  meet in that time period, the resolution has considered to
  have failed.  It can be brought up again when more people are
  willing to vote on the proposal.

This voting process is for PMC related issues.  That includes
the legal documents (resolutions, charter, by-laws, etc.).