avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@citi-us.com>
Subject RE: [Avalon4:PROPOSAL] Context Consensus
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 13:33:08 GMT
> From: Darrell DeBoer [mailto:darrell@apache.org]
>
> Sorry to be difficult, but this is just my feelings on the
> matter. Then again,
> since no-one else seems to be objecting, maybe I'm the odd
> one out here?

You're not the only one.  However, the current contracts do
not state that you can't do that...

As impacting Framework 4.x, we would have a hard time justifying
to our users that everything they wrote for Phoenix is wrong.

As impacting Framework 5+, I would like to see a flexible context
that has very strong contracts--i.e. if you want a BlockContext,
you get one with no casting, if you want a ServletContext same thing.

Although there is a considerable argument for a unified namespace
per component for both services and other data items.