avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@citi-us.com>
Subject [Focus] Unifying our Attention
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 13:15:14 GMT
It is a proven fact that humans can only juggle 2-3
concepts at any one time.  Right now we have several
things on the table, and we need to lesson the load.
In order to work as a community, we need to learn
patience, and how to focus on one piece of the puzzle
at a time.

Right now, the only two pieces of the puzzle we should
be worrying about is priority #1 defining our bylaws
and charter, and priority #2 discussing *how* we are
going to approach new development.  So far there are
so many things up for vote that it is a "done deal"
before we can all focus our attention on it.

Are you afraid that someone might suggest something
better?  We cannot have sacred cows.  We still have
responsibilities with existing code, but all of our
ideas have to be tempered by each other's input.

Voting on things like Context contracts for Avalon 4.1
does nothing but create work for the existing software
we have when we haven't discussed bigger picture items.

Can we agree on a vision before we agree on details?
Otherwise, I have a feeling we will have an Avalon that
has very disproportionate features.

As to future development, let's consider where Avalon
will be used, how it will be used, and how we can make
that process easier.

Are we all on board?