avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@citi-us.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] a clazz act
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 12:52:08 GMT
> From: Stephen McConnell [mailto:mcconnell@apache.org]
>
> That seems to leave me with three strategies:
>
>   (A) Introduce a third Avalon meta model implementation based
>       on [clazz] that while out of scope in terms of a framework
>       solution in the short term - would aim to meet the original
>       objectives of the proposal.
>
>   (B) Evolving the existing meta package to follow the same
>       object model as [clazz] - i.e. addition of a meta-meta
>       layer equivalent to the core subset of [clazz] dealing
>       with class, property and operation definitions.  This
>       would enable the conservative approach of potentially
>       incorporating [clazz] classes at a later stage when
>       and if [clazz] is out of commons sandbox.
>
>   (C) Continue with what we have.
>
> Any thoughts on the three options above or other
> options/ideas I have not thought about?

Steve, let's look at work for the new Container.  There is allot we
can do without binding ourselves too early in the process.  We can
keep this in the back of our minds while we attack many of the other
parts of the new container.  For one thing, are we starting with
Avalon 5 or not?  If so there is allot to discuss as a community before
we can even think of *implementations*.