avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@citi-us.com>
Subject [Avalon4:Fortress] Changes to RoleManager
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 18:26:20 GMT
Somebody made some *major* changes to the RoleManager interface,
and I do not recall any conversations/explanations regarding it.

The problem is that I *specifically* designed the RoleManager
to support both forwards and backwards interpretation of a
component's entry in the configuration.  My intent was that in
the future, the configuration file would be "self-healing".
If there was an entry in the configuration file that was with
the old "<component/>" format and there was an entry for it
in the RoleManager, then the Container would be able to write
the configuration file back with the human readable form of
the name.

The new implementations and interface does not allow for this
type of action, and in fact it prevents it from ever happening
in the future.  Also, the replacement did not meet the Java
API documentation standards as the original version did.

I am going to revert the changes *back* to the way they were.
If there are any serious objections (which I doubt), please
voice them now.