avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@citi-us.com>
Subject RE: [Vote:Avalon4] fortress
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:21:12 GMT
> From: Stephen McConnell [mailto:mcconnell@apache.org]
> >
> >Vote for Fortress 1.0 release for our user's happiness?
> >

> -1
>
> I think that a number of things have to happen prior to a release:
>
>   (a) ensure depedencies are migrated to release status first
>       (e.g. extensions package)

I wasn't aware it was using the extensions package.  Or was that
changed from the container package?

>   (b) clear documentation of the release status of dependencies
>       including proper specification of jar depedencies and the
>       versions Fortress is linked to

Ok.

>   (c) upgrading of the general documentation to include example code
>       and general usage

Ok.

>   (d) test case documentation

Ok.  I think I have been infecting you ;)

>   (e) upgrade to existing javadoc to bring it up to "release"
>       quality

Ok.

>   (f) linking of documetation to related excalibur packages

Ok.

>   (g) getting download version in place

Ok.

> And finally, something in the documentation that reflects the
> results of
> some discussion about a roadmap related to Fortress. I.e. answering
> question like the relationship between the release and future
> containment strategies - probable lifespan - etc.

Since Fortress is the closest thing we have to a comunity developed
container (other than ECM), how about splitting up the
responsibilities?

Who wants to take on the various tasks?

I still don't have my private key on my machine at work, so I can
post patches from here, but I need someone else to commit them.
I will remedy that ASAP (but not today).

I can take on the JavaDoc tasks and the final distributable (which
has to wait for the other documentation tasks).  I need help getting
the rest of the docs up to par.  Think we can get this done by Christmas?