avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@citi-us.com>
Subject RE: PMC votes ( Re: [Vote] Phoenix 4.0.3 release.)
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2002 19:12:43 GMT
> From: news [mailto:news@main.gmane.org]On Behalf Of Ulrich Mayring
>
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> >
> > Ulrich Mayring wrote:
> > > I don't really see why a release has to be voted on. It's
> less dangerous
> > > than a commit.
> >
> > Not at all. Apart from many other reasons, it's simple to see that a
> > commit can be reverted, not a release.
>
> Phoenix 4.0.3 release has just recently been reverted, when something
> was found to be wrong (lack of voting). QED.
>
> Now, what about all the other many reasons? :)

Minor nitpick:

The release was *prevented*.  Once a release is made, we have to support
it.  There is no "oops, I didn't mean to do that".

Last time I checked, we have several +1s and no -1s.  The whole PMC vote
thing was an issue brought up, but without vetoing the release.

What is the count of PMC members voting on the release?  Can someone make
an announcement?