avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@citi-us.com>
Subject [Vote:Avalon4] fortress
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 13:09:59 GMT
> From: Peter Donald [mailto:peter@realityforge.org]
>
> What to use? Basically it would depend on what you want to
> deploy to. If you
> are writing a standalone server of some kind I would suggest
> using Phoenix.
> If you are writing something to embed inside other apps (like
> in a webapp)
> then the only released container is ECM ... which implements
> things in a way
> we no longer approvie of. In which case I would recomend Fortress.
>
> I have crossed this to avalon-dev so hopefully someone will
> be able to give
> you more of an idea of when Fortress is lined up for release.

The big reason for the delay actually has to do with the fact
that Avalon is now a TLP, and it wasn't a good time for the
community to force something out the door.

Because Avalon is ready for a release, and was being prepared
for it prior to Avalon PMC, I would like to now get consensus
on releasing Fortress 1.0 to the public.  It is the result of
the efforts of myself, Marcus Crafter, Stephen McConnel (he
helped in some places), Leo S. (can't remember if it was Sutic
or Simmons :/ ), and Peter D. (cleanups).  There were, I believe,
other developers helping out here and there.  There are people
impatiently waiting for it.

Vote for Fortress 1.0 release for our user's happiness?

+1 from me.