avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@citi-us.com>
Subject RE: Cornerstone / AltRMI
Date Mon, 23 Dec 2002 16:01:47 GMT
> From: Stephen McConnell [mailto:mcconnell@apache.org]
>
> Peter Royal wrote:
>
> > On Friday, December 20, 2002, at 07:45  AM, Paul Hammant wrote:
> >
> >> The transport package in the cornerstone project makes Phoenix
> >> components of the server side of
> >> AltRMI.  Given transport is likely to remain alpha like
> Altrmi for a
> >> while more, would it be
> >> simplest to move the classes to the altrmi project?
> >>
> >> If so Cornerstone could be released as often requested?  Thoughts?
> >

> > sounds good to me.
> > -pete
>

> I think it would be really good if we could get the
> cornerstone packages
> into a container neutral state before releasing.

CornerStone has been around for a while, but never released.  We
should make a release, and then we can make them container neutral.

However, if it is as simple as *not* casting to a BlockContext,
then +1, remove the cast.

If it consists of more effort, we should do an initial release and
then a neutral release.