avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject RE: -1 technical vetoes
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 13:04:33 GMT

> From: Nicola Ken Barozzi [mailto:nicolaken@apache.org]
>
> It has been said that -1s are vetos, and majority votes where
> it's clear that a voting is in progress on majority rules.

Seems reasonable. Short and simple.

I think that instead of adding even more bureaucracy to the
voting process with -VETO, -0.99, -0.9999... etc. we should
go with the usual +1/-1.

If someone vetoes anything, you can always ask if it is a
veto, and if so, if there are any ways to make that
someone take back the veto.

Voting isn't rocket science, and I don't think we should
need complex rules for it. Especially this veto thing
has been given a real good "what is a valid veto", which
shouldn't really be an issue, given sensible people. I would
also assert that given non-sensible people, no voting
procedure will help.

As has been stated here, the important part isn't the
voting, it is the discussion leading up to the vote.
After that, voting is a formality.

/LS