avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: avalon newbie: Innocent question, please don't hurt me -- services strategy with Avalon framework
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2002 16:05:39 GMT
Thanks dude!

> - you will suffer a performance hit which may or may not matter; kinda
> depends on component granularity;

Course grained.

> - your program will be somewhat less understandable from looking at the
> code (hence more prone to bugs, ....);

No.  looking at some things in Cocoon that does things TheRightWay(tm)
vs the stuff in Cocoon that does it TheWrongWay..  I understand the code
that does it the wrong way where the stuff that does it the right way I
have to open up 20 classes to figure out what one is doing.

> - us avalon peeps think you shouldn't be doing it this way;

Well I can't read code that is written TheRightWay(tm) because I have to
look up 400 bazillion different htings just to say "what the heck is
this doing"  I write for humans not for Achedemic correctness...

Thanks again!  This is exactly what I was looking for

-Andy