avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [CONTRIB] who is my father ? The configuration asks !
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2002 17:50:50 GMT
As far as I can see, the proposal violates Avalon's IoC/SoC patterns.  The
code providing the Configuration is supposed to have control and knowledge
over what it is providing.  IF it wants to provide parent information, it
can.

On another line of reasoning, I think it is safer (and more consistent) for
it to explicitly provide what it wants, than to need to deny.  For example,
consider schema evolution.  I might not have confidential information in a
parent configuration at the moment, so I might not think of preventing the
parent from being accessed.  I might not remember, in the future, when I add
confidential information.  On the other hand, if I am explicitly passing the
configuration as part of the contract, then I am more likely to be aware of
the issue.

	--- Noel