avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Avalon Project Hierarchy
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2002 21:35:21 GMT
Nicola,

OK.  So what you are saying is that Excalibur, in being "eliminated" as an
individual entity, has its Avalon-specific classes divided into two areas:
Container and Components, depending upon the type of class.

That's the entirety of our disconnect?

	--- Noel

-----Original Message-----
From: Nicola Ken Barozzi [mailto:nicolaken@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2002 16:08
To: Avalon Developers List
Subject: Re: Avalon Project Hierarchy

Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>>The only thing that could change is the placement of Excalibur stuff in
>>Commons, avalon-components or scratchpad.
>
> I'm sorry, Nicola.  I know I raised this question yesterday, and I'm still
> not understanding this particular change.

No, I'm sorry I was not able to explain it clearly enough.
Hmmm, I'm seeing some ASCII art, cool!

> Looking at a "layered" view of Avalon:
>
>              Model                Current Sub-Project  Proposed
Sub-Project

  +---------------------------+  -------------------  --------------------
>    |     Avalon Applications   |  Applications         Components
>    +------------------------+--+
>    |     Avalon Components  |  |  Components           Components
>    +=====================+--|  |
>    |  Avalon Container   |  |  |  Phoenix, et al       Container
>    +---------------------+  |  |
>    | Avalon ContainerKit |  |  |  Excalibur            Container
>    +=====================+-----|
>    |     Avalon Frameworks     |  Frameworks           Frameworks
>    +---------------------------+
>
> This terrible ASCII graphic

I like it :-)

Just change it to

          Model                Current Sub-Project  Proposed Sub-Project
  +---------------------------+  -----------------  --------------------
  +=====================+--|  |

> is intended to show that everything sees
> interfaces published by Avalon Frameworks, but (ideally) Components see
only
> Frameworks (and other Components) as exposed through the Container, and
> Applications are (sets of) Components & configuration.
>
> I could see Avanon-specific Excalibur code rolled into the Container
> sub-project that Stefano proposes, which is what I've illustrated above.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -