avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Tiered Container Hierarchy
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2002 20:32:14 GMT
Berin:
> 1) Micro Container--a Tweety like container that can operate in J2ME.
>    It requires that only threadsafe components be used because it is
>    unlikely that multithreading will be used in that environment.

As possibly one of the few people around here actually using J2ME (and a
book on the subject in my lap), my only amendment here is that
multi-threading does need to be permitted, just not required.  It is
optional in J2ME CDC, and supported in J2ME CLDC.

As for the plan by which these containers arrive, I think that Stephen
McConnell and Peter Donald have each posted ideas that could be woven into a
community roadmap upon which to start the journey.

PaulH:
> Be ready for other containers [by] other teams (Turbine).

And they'll benefit, too, from the development of a true framework for
containers.  They will be able to reuse the code and patterns developed for
building the container tier.

	--- Noel