avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Avalon Project Hierarchy
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2002 15:20:49 GMT

Paul Hammant wrote:

> -1 (vote) for me.
>
> This is too much revolution when code is being used by real
> people in real companies...
We use the code in a real company and I don't see any real
impact for us by these changes directly. Of course, there
should be some "compatibility packaging", when it comes
to the distribution, so that you don't have to download
35 different jars to get the same as you now get by downloading
one package.
But that's IMHO a different issue which can be solved later on.

> I also object to the word "new" in any product name. I also
> object to the word "stable" in product
> names.

Ehm, if you refer to avalon-newstablecontainer than this is
not ment to be the real name, replace "newstablecontainer"
with a name for it, like perhaps merlin or whatever.

Carsten