avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: On Multiple Containers
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2002 08:33:08 GMT
On Wednesday, November 20, 2002, at 06:03  AM, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Multiple containers are not only helpful, but they are absolutely
> necessary.
> We will never be able to converge on the most generic and useable
> container
> specifications when there is only one to choose from.  Using different
> approaches that all work with the same components helps us to determine
> important criteria such as:

I think a single container is a goal we should strive towards. Users
don't want to have to pick a container due to separate but overlapping
feature sets. We should strive towards a single container that is
pluggable to the point of satisfying many needs. I think the current
experimentations with multiple containers lets us push things into
different directions to see what we may want from that ubercontainer.
-pete
--
peter royal -> proyal@apache.org