avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fortress Backwards Compat
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 16:30:55 GMT
On Friday, November 8, 2002, at 11:08  AM, Peter Donald wrote:
>> Could we separate that into two pieces? A ComponentFactory and a
>> ComponentProxyGenerator?
>
> Simple enough. But do you mind if it is still ComponentFactory that
> calls
> ComponentProxyGenerator and olny returns proxied instances?

That works, but I'd like to be able to pass in an array of interfaces
to the ComponentFactory then to tell the ComponentProxyGenerator what
to proxy for.

I was actually thinking of a layered approach in the opposite
direction. The CompoentFactory is really just an ObjectFactory. Why not
have the ComponentProxyGenerator just be another ObjectFactory that
takes another ObjectFactory and proxies the objects from the other
factory? So usage might be like:

ComponentFactory cf = new ComponentFactory(...);
ComponentProxyGenerator cpg = new ComponentProxyGenerator( cf, new
Class[] { ... } );

cpg.newInstance();

One could then use the ProxyGenerator wherever ObjectFactory's were
used...
-pete
--
peter royal -> proyal@apache.org