avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Plans to move ahead
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2002 15:05:27 GMT

My preferred position is to go with plan [1].

While I think that is the worst-case-scenario concerning "Merlin",
"Fortress", or "Phoneix" centric product development, I also think
it is the only scenario for a community owned solution.

I do believe that plan [1] will enivatibly involve pulling the best of
existing containters and container related resources together, and
in that respect I see the potential for something much more valuable
comming out of the process.

I do not see this as conflicting with ongoing requirements concerning
support of the Phoenix commuity - in fact this is similar to the
requirements we have for supporting ECM user migration.  End result is
the migration of all of our users to a single common container
architecture - a.k.a. everyone wins.

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell