avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject [Fwd: [attributes][SUBMIT+PATCH] refactoring of compile-time engine]
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2002 19:43:06 GMT

Just to synch a bit with what's happening in Jakarta Commons about
metadata stuff.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [attributes][SUBMIT+PATCH] refactoring of compile-time engine
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 20:15:15 +0100
From: Jon Tirsén <jon@tirsen.com>
To: 'Jakarta Commons Developers List' <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>

I managed to refactor the compile-time engine into something we've been
discussing. It works pretty good I think and enables pluggability of the
compile-time too. I didn't add ClassMetaData because apparently we
haven't reached consensus on that yet.

AttributeExtractor.java
Parses java-sources and emits attributes to writer.

DefaultAttributeExtractor.java
Default implementation, extracts via Qdox.

AttributeWriter.java
Writes attributes into format recognized by finder.

DefaultAttributeWriter.java
Default implementation, writes into property files recognized by
DefaultAttributeFinder.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -