avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] container&framework stuff to sandbox
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2002 19:29:13 GMT
Leo Simons wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-11-25 at 13:32, Stephen McConnell wrote:
> <snip/>
>
>>Peter Donald wrote:
>
> <snipped type="too"/>
>
> No-one has decreed all unreleased or unstable code we have atm is to go
> into the avalon-sandbox cvs. If we were to start completely afresh, I'd
> agree. But we need to balance the amount of work and implications the
> moving will take against the benefits.
>
> If we move fortress to sandbox, and it is then indeed released in a
> month or so, we need to move it back. Silly, confusing, lots of work,
> messes up cvs. Same for phoenix-related code.

I agree. I might not compute, but it doesn't mean that we must impose
stupid tricks because of refactoring elegance. We must work together in
order to come up with a sane way for everybody to converge.

If the code is stable but there are no docs and release, what about
writing some docs and making a release? No, I can't volunteer because I
don't even know what that package does :/