avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] container&framework stuff to sandbox
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:57:34 GMT

Leo Simons wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>if there are no objections I would like to move the controversial
>container material and controversial framework material to the new
>sandbox CVS, especially stuff dealing with the meta/info things,
>everything proposed as a revolution, and everything alpha.
>
>specifically, I would like to move the following materials:
>
>Table in the format <currentlocation> | <newlocation>
>
>jakarta-avalon/src/proposal/avalon5 | avalon-sandbox/framework5
>jakarta-avalon/src/proposal/resolver |
>	avalon-sandbox/framework5/resolver
>jakarta-avalon-excalibur/containerkit | avalon-sandbox/containerkit
>jakarta-avalon-excalibur/info | avalon-sandbox/meta/info
>jakarta-avalon-excalibur/interceptor |
>	avalon-sandbox/interceptor
>jakarta-avalon-excalibur/scratchpad/avalon-cc |
>	avalon-sandbox/cc
>jakarta-avalon-excalibur/tweety |
>	avalon-sandbox/tweety
>jakarta-avalon-excalibur/xfc |
>	avalon-sandbox/xfc

+1 on all of the above

>(please be specific about what you don't like about this table if there
>is only part of this stuff you don't like)

Missing here is

    excalibur/loader
    excalibur/extension

Neither are released and should be sandboxed until they we go througn a
release process.

>Several pacakages I'm not mentioning because Steve's working on moving
>them, including:
>
>jakarta-avalon-excalibur/assembly
>jakarta-avalon-excalibur/container
>jakarta-avalon-excalibur/meta
>jakarta-avalon-excalibur/extension

All done - I'll post a summary message a little later on this.

>I'm not mentioning fortress because I believe it is ever nearing a beta
>stadium and I don't want to be in the way, or loose the cvs history....

I think we should discuss this under a seperate thread - I have divided
feeling and really would appreciate feedback from other on this.

>I'm not mentioning some stuff on which phoenix depends, because, well,
>phoenix depends on it and I want to handle that stuff separately if
>there is anything to handle at all...

Presumably you are referring to the loader and extension packages.
 Loader is only used with Phoenix at this time but the extension package
is used by both Phoenix and Merlin. I think the extension package has to
move to avalon-sandbox because its it not ready for release yet - it
needs more work, and its shared resources.  Loader is open to disucssion.

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell

OSM SARL