avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Phoenix no longer reference container
Date Sun, 24 Nov 2002 23:38:59 GMT
Peter Donald wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Nov 2002 16:08, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>>what are you talking about? Cocoon uses ECM which, the name "extensible
>>component manager" suggests,
>

> Actually it is named "Excalibur Component Manager".

Sorry, my fault. But if Cocoon uses something that is stored inside
Avalon CVS and it's called 'Excalibur Component Manager' and the Avalon
community has control on it, where is the fork?

>>was the simplest embeddable avalon component manager around when Cocoon
>>needed one.
>

> It was specially crafted for Cocoon because the existing container was not
> suitable.

Interesting vision: when the community decides to go the way you
propose, the community creates consensus, when the community goes
another direction, this is 'forking' or 'special crafting'.

Tell me: if you started using Cocoon and you need a new feature and
proposed it on the community and the community voted it in. Would you
call it 'special crafting'?

Cocoon never imposed anything on this project: we asked for features and
they were implemented thru a consensus-based development model.

But since this consensus came out with something you didn't like, you
keep bashing around. What a lovely attitude to earn respect.