avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Phoenix is *not* in danger
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2002 08:13:49 GMT

I have been contacted because there seems to be a fear that somehow
Phoenix will be scraped or heavily reworked in its CVS; I want to be
clear on this and reassure that we have no intention whatsoever to
pursue this with Phoenix. In fact it has been suggested by me that
Phoenix be the only container that currently keeps its own CVS space.

Phoenix is our stable container, and is used by many projects all over
the world with great success, not least by James. We are talking about
creating something new, not about demolishing what is there.

Phoenix must continue to provide its services if/till a more
*compelling* and *stable* container exists. And even them we *must* give
all our users a rock solid path to migrate, possibly with no code change
at all.

Apache has a proven track record of stablity. It will continue.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -