avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: On Multiple Containers
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2002 07:50:27 GMT
Paul Hammant wrote:
> Peter,
>
> A neat history of Avalon from the synergy pont of view.  When read this
> way it actually shows that we have good community behaviour.

If that was true, why would the ASF have *several* board members and
long-time influential persons watching this list with great concern?

Also, why would this list have the highest flame-rate of jakarta after
jakarta-general@?

> The vision
> of the uber-container still haunts us all I guess.  People are always
> going to try again - I guess it is a holy grail. That's fine as long as
> there is not a policy to do so that includes the early wind up of
> containers that are live and in use by real corporations.

Imposing a technical policy on a volunteer group of people is foolish,
but looking for ways to improve the health of a community is another
story. I hope you see my point.

Maybe we won't reach a single container, but hopefully we'll reach the
point where Avalon will be considered one community and not a collection
of highly egocentric invidividuals like it is perceived today by many
outsiders (and I've talked to *many* people at the ApacheCON so I'm not
making this up)

And the only way I see to do something about it is to have people talk
about disagreements that they couldn't solve and containers are the most
important point of friction around here so I started from there.