avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [User Community Action Required] Re: Pete ousted?
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2002 19:55:19 GMT
Charles Benett wrote:
> Paul Hammant wrote:
>
>> <snip>
>> *---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> 1) Power's that be: Please let me appeal on Peter's behalf
>>  and ask if you may see fit to look past this current episode.
>> 2) I use Peter's projects in my open source / proprietary /
>>  commercial applications.
>> 3) I have been helped by Peter in the past. I found his help very useful.
>> 4) Please let Peter return to his projects at Apache, he's not so bad.
>> *----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
> +1
>
> I really don't see how suspending Peter Donald is helpful to Apache. ASF
> - please reconsider.

I would like to remind you that the action taken by the ASF Board is not
a punishment but a 'wake-up call' and the action of removing voting
rights and commit access is temporary.

It is not up to Peter to:

1) talk about it pubblicly (a thing that many of us would greatly
appreciate)

2) decide to continue working inside the ASF with the ASF legal
protection and playing by the ASF social rules.

And I think it's highly respectful from the ASF board to decide *not* to
say anything about this. And highly respectful from Sam to allow Peter
to make public his private wording.

Now it's Peter's move.