avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject [MERLIN] assembly refactoring
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2002 12:39:42 GMT

I've just committed a bunch of updates to the excaliburt/assembly
package.  These deal with the refactoring of the assembly system.  In
the current implementation the org.apache.excalibur.merlin.assembly
package contains a TypeManager and ContainerManager.  Colectively these
classes are rather large because they include a lot of the assembly and
lifestyle/lifecycle establishment logic.

I've been working on seperating this out.

The intermidate result of that is the classes in the
org.apache.excalibur.assembly.* packages.  These clases define seperate
managers for the Service, Type, Profile, and Appliance abstractions.
 They are not complete but they will give everyone a good idea of the
direction I'm heading.  The classes are not in use within Merlin at the
moment - I'll work on that progressively and I can't afford to break
Merlin in the process of refactoring.  Anyhow, I'm committed the
resources so that people of the user and dev community can jump in at
this early stage with suggests, comments critique, etc.

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell

OSM SARL