avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Avalon PMC Chair
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2002 18:45:09 GMT

Leo Simons wrote:

>On Mon, 2002-11-11 at 19:20, Stephen McConnell wrote:
>

>>>This is all a bit premature though as we do not have all
>>>committers in this list yet.  Berlin is busy elsewhere (his
>>>"I'll be busy email" ?) PeterD is not here yet.
>>>

>>Based on Berlin's email he's scaling down participation for the moment.
>>

>who's this Berlin guy? :P

Oh zutt - he told me off for doing that once before.
There is just something in my brain that auto types the "l" after typing
Berin.

:-(

>>However, I've left a message for Berin to give me a call so that I can
>>update him on what's going on.  Bottom line is that the PMC list can be
>>revised.  The process we are talking about here is a process to get
>>things going - its not setting in concrete and definative list of who is
>>on the PMC.  I don't think anyone here would oppose the introduction of
>>Berlin to the PMC at a later stage.
>>

>it's a beautiful city 'n all, but.......just kiddin' :D

Double zutt!

>>As for Pete - well, I'm hope Pete
>>will join in because an Avalon PMC would not be quite right without him.
>>

>+1. Not having pete on the PMC means the admirable concept of "all
>active committers on the PMC" goes completely out of the window. Besides
>that, I think he's the person with the most experience and expertise in
>these matters around here @ avalon so I think we'll really miss his
>input if he does not opt in.

I agree 100% - but I think in my case I have to go a step further.  I've
been giving Pete a rather tought time over the last few months - some of
it justified, but a more than reasonable amount was not.  For that my
sincerely apologies to Pete.

Cheers, Steve.

>> On the other hand, that's an option for Pete.  Pete is certainly aware
>>that his has that option and there is a schedule.  Furthermore, moving
>>forward on this without Pete does not preclude the potential for Pete
>>joing the PMC at a later time - I'm also confident that everyone would
>>be very supporting of this.
>>

>again +1. It's up to him.
>
>cheers,
>
>- Leo