avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Avalon PMC Draft Resolution
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2002 12:28:51 GMT

Leo Simons wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-11-11 at 08:44, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> <snip/>
>
>>>Things going out-of-scope
>>>-------------------------
>>>There is no longer any kind of mention of a shared module repository.
>>>This means that all current avalon-hosted 'shared modules' should be
>>>eventually placed under the control of a different PMC. Likely
>>>candidates for this are
>>
> <snip/>
>
>>>- the Incubator PMC
>>
>>I deem it unlikely; if the component is live code with live Apache
>>committers on it, there is no need to incubate it.
>
> I wasn't thinking of the components per se, some stuff in avalon-apps
> (like the OpenORB code (which the corba stuff kind is or will merge with
> or whatever), AvalonDB, Rana's FTP server) seems like it could
> potentially warrant several top-level projects; the Incubator is a nice
> place for those to build momentum, is it not?

Ok, correct.

* For OpenORB I've already been contacted, it should be doable.

* AvalonDB... dunno the status, I see that there is a
http://axion.tigris.org/ on tigris, what about cooperation? (Jason is
listed as a dev there, maybe he has interest in Avalonizing)

* Rana's FTP server seems a good candidate. We need someone to cater for
it there though, any volunteers?

> <snip/>
>
>>>- the Jakarta PMC
>>
>>Avalon components never were able to go to Jakarta Commons, I don't see
>>why it will change.
>
> there's the decoupled materials that you (et al) already moved there; we
> should recongize that should not remain around with us indefinately.

Sorry, I don't understand, could you please rephrase?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -