avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Mortenson <l...@tanukisoftware.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-avalon/src/java/org/apache/avalon/framework/service WrapperServiceManager.java WrapperServiceSelector.java DefaultServiceManager.java ServiceManager.java ServiceSelector.java
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 07:55:43 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

>>From: donaldp@apache.org [mailto:donaldp@apache.org]
>>
>>donaldp     2002/11/07 00:29:04
>>
>>  Modified:    src/java/org/apache/avalon/framework/component
>>                        ComponentManager.java
>>DefaultComponentManager.java
>>                        DefaultComponentSelector.java
>>               src/java/org/apache/avalon/framework/service
>>                        DefaultServiceManager.java ServiceManager.java
>>                        ServiceSelector.java
>>  Added:       src/java/org/apache/avalon/framework/service
>>                        WrapperServiceManager.java
>>                        WrapperServiceSelector.java
>>  Log:
>>  Change terminology of service/component lookup in javadocs
>>so that it matches our current terminology. ie We no longer
>>lookup components by role but by key.
>>
>>  Also added in WrapperServiceManager that adapts a
>>ComponentManager to a ServiceManager. Berin should be happy
>>about this! ;)
>>

>I am!

The ECM now allows for services which do not implement Component.  They
will be
a little slower than component which do as a Proxy needs to be created
around them.
But they do work.

I am currently running an app using the ECM in which all components no
longer
implement Component.  So far it works great.  Next step is to move to
Fortress
though.

This should remove the need  for components to continue implementing for
Component "for compatibility reasons".

Cheers
Leif