avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrestize Phoenix
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2002 14:41:58 GMT

Jeff Turner wrote:

> Or, to respect Berin's previously stated request, do the conversion on
> the fly.  Btw, there's a docbook2document.xsl in Forrest which is an
> expanded version of the one Berin wrote.

Cool.

>>>Can't we simply require Forrest to be installed?
>>
>>We can do that. But the docs need to be generated as part of the "dist" ant
>>target. So I figured the best way was to call forrest from docs.xml - is
>>there an alternative ?
>

> There is an "Invoking Forrest from Ant" section at the end of
> http://xml.apache.org/forrest/your-project.html
>
> Basically, Forrest provides a build.xml snippet containing:
>
>  - the Forrest targets (site, webapp, war, validate)
>  - a script to look for $FORREST_HOME, or ${forrest.home} defined in any
>    properties file, including .ant.propeties
>  - if Forrest wasn't found, prints a message describing how to install
>    Forrest.

Yup, using that now, you're a cool bean, Jeff :-)

>>>Can I dare to volunteer?
>>
>>That would be fantastic!
>

> :) If you run out of time, pass the baton..

Actually, the xml is 99% well-formed, and I already have it working :-)
ASA I have a bit of time I'll check it.

As for the skin, I was musing over a Forrest skin with the same color
tones as the tigris one...

Look for example at these test sites done with the Forrest skin and the
preliminary Avalon one:

http://cvs.apache.org/~sanders/
http://cvs.apache.org/~sanders/avalon/

And finally the latest tigris skin stuff:

http://style.tigris.org/nonav/dev/docs/sampler_inst.html

Not that I'll get in the skin business ;-P

I'll just do the docs, and leave the skin for others. Let's remember
that it should pass  validator.w3.org and show well in text-only
browsers like lynx and links.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -