avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Mortenson <l...@tanukisoftware.com>
Subject Re: altrmi registry package home?
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2002 08:43:38 GMT
Paul Hammant wrote:

>Leif,
>
>Fixed. The registry package has its own jar. It is entirely optional for
>usage.

Thanks.

>>Also, you know we are considering a big rename that essentially drops
>>the 'Atrmi' prefix from many interfaces and objects. If you agree it
>>should be done, I cam make sure that the instrument is not negatively
>>affected.

Sure, I have no problem with that. :-)

One request, as this would be a rework of the API. Could you go through
and add Logging
to, at least, the core classes. It would be nice to be able to enable
debug logging to help
track down user code problems while using the package. :-) Altrmi
already has a dependency
on framework, so it wouldn't require anything new there.

Thanks,
Leif