avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Plans to move ahead
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2002 16:47:48 GMT
On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 09:14:21AM -0500, Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Development Plan 1:
>
> We continue to support our existing projects while we start fresh
> on a new effort.  The new effort will be a scalable container that
> follows a "profile".  Basically the container will only use the
> features that are part of that profile and ignore everything else.

	+1, I find this to be the best approach, it let's us reuse the
	best ideas from previous container development to come up with a
	common community developed solution.

> Development Plan 2:
>
> We adapt our current projects to the three/four tiered approach
> (Tutorial, Micro, Standard, Enterprise).  This is probably an easier
> migration path, and it would leverage the existing code that we
> already have.

	Is #2 really a question of tiering ? or rather the adaption of our
	current containers ?

	Just thinking out loud here, but the resulting container from plan #1
	will also need to take into account the different scales, right?
	People will want to embed it, use it standalone, have tutorials with
	it, and use it in large environments, etc.

	Or am I barking up the wrong tree here ?

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&: