avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: Tiered Container Hierarchy
Date Sat, 23 Nov 2002 22:39:07 GMT
On Fri, 22 Nov 2002 22:38, scolebourne@btopenworld.com wrote:
> >  from:    Peter Donald <peter@apache.org>
> > Clazz is far from good for our purposes because it also tries to be a
> > reflection based mechanism. We need to load things without classes being
> > resolvable and so forth.
>
> [clazz] has made no coding decisions with regards to attributes (meta-data)
> yet. Our intention is to provide pluggable implementations, of which
> commons [attributes] would probably be one.
>
> This gives Avalon a chance to get together some requirements and
> influence/help out [clazz] development. There's an opportunity here.

I would highly recomend you don't try to merge in metadata to Clazz. It would
be much better if you worked with the other committer (or the XDoclet team)
as they have a lot more experience in working with these constructs.

Clazz is more orientated towards a bean like system and I don't really
understand how it differentiates its purpose from BeanUtils.

It would be far better to separate out metadata to another project
(commons-attributes?). Then clazz could delegate to it.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
He strains to hear a whisper who refuses to hear a shout.