avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <paul_hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Phoenix no longer reference container
Date Sat, 23 Nov 2002 12:00:58 GMT
> > > On that note we previously voted on whether to split
> > > avalon-framework.jar into two* ->
> > > avalon-framework-api.jar and avalon-framework-refimpl.jar.
> > > Can someone run thru the votes and see
> > > if we got majority. It was a week ago I think. Can't do it
> > > myself as on webmail presently.  Maybe
> > > it needs crisping up a little bit before enacting.
> >
> > I wasn't aware of that proposal/vote amid all the noise.
> >
> > -1 from me.  There is no reason to split the framework into
> > two jars.  Not only is it already small, but the default
> > implementations of the Configuration/Context/etc. are all
> > part of the interface.  I can't imagine what gains can be
> > made by separating interface/implementation for the Jars.
> > What about the Parameters object?  There is no separate
> > interface, although it is directly named in the Parameterizable
> > interface.  It provides no real benefit that I can see.

It's important for me on the EOB project, and many others who are just using A-F interfaces
(and
associated immutable beans) in their project internals.   Not everyone is going to use the
A-F
implementation, it's quite a harmless change.

Imagine if Catalina used our lifecycle interfaces instead of theirs for its internals...

- Paul
(from internet cafe)