avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Breaking up Avalon
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2002 07:06:17 GMT
On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 16:02, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> >So the solution? The solution would be moving phoenix development out of
> >avalon into a product-centric project focused on Phoenix and supporting
> >infrastructure.
>
> If it would be better for Phoenix to become its own TLP, then I will
> support it.  However, I would be
> reluctant to support it if the cheif issue is social.  If there is real
> technical benefit to the Phoenix TLP,
> then +1.

There has been a "real technical benefit" to an independent Phoenix project
for a while and the issue has come up a couple of times in the past.

The reason why it stayed was purely social. I had hoping that it would bring
more interest to Avalon because Frameworks are not product centered (and thus
has no feature lists) and thus it is really hard to get people interested in
them ;)

So I thought it was in the interest of Avalon to keep it close but I no longer
think so ;)

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
Duct tape is like the force.  It has a light side, and a dark side, and
it binds the universe together ...
                -- Carl Zwanzig