avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Breaking up Avalon
Date Sun, 17 Nov 2002 19:45:17 GMT
On Mon, 18 Nov 2002 01:39, Leo Sutic wrote:
>   * Will Phoenix developers keep their commit priviliges
> on Avalon after breaking out?

yep.

> If so, I suspect that the
> meta-model flamewars will remain (although not in Phoenix),

Nope - I think we will just fragment and let darwin can determine the results.
A-F will most likely remain as is with no meta model and it will be in higher
layers that these models will be implemented. I don't expect A-F to change in
a manner that is incompatible with Phoenix.

> as there will be a cold day in hell before Stephen gets
> granted commit privs on Phoenix.

I am not so sure about that. He would be gladly accepted the day that he
demonstrated a sustained interest in developing Phoenix. He will not receive
any special treatment - positive or negative.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald