avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-avalon-excalibur/configuration build.xml default.properties
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2002 12:21:03 GMT
On Thu, 14 Nov 2002 14:19, Peter Royal wrote:
> kinda confused me here.. one aspect of the validation is auto-discovery
> of the schema files via some predefined rules?

yep.

> would this be a startup
> process, scan all classloaders for schemas and build a static catalog
> or build it on demand as a schema is needed?

I was thinking it would build it as in something like the following

//The next line would register all
//schemas in the current classes classloader
ValidatorFactory vf =
  new ValidatorFactory( getClass().getClassLoader() );

//get validating content handler
//schema uri could be null as could the handler
ContentHandler ch =
  vf.newInstance( "http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/1.0",
                  new InputSource( mySchema ),
                  myHandler );

... do xml loading as usual ...
... or ...
... convert configuration object to dom/sax and pass through ...

The ValidatorFactory would do all lazy caching and stuff like that.

That make sense?

>   1) schema discovery
>   2) entity resolver using #1
>   3) validation API (maybe standardize JARV, or very light wrappers,
> since it already does just that. perhaps we could do away with
> specifying the schema-type and autodetect based on namespaces?)

+1
(though I would allow for both specifying and autodetection)

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald