avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject XFC / Fortress integration
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2002 20:52:03 GMT
On Tue, 12 Nov 2002 14:05, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> > BTW one thing that someone has asked me to do (though I no
> > agree yet) is to
> > make a ECMContainer for Fortress. This container would
> > essentially provide an
> > interface identical to ECM (same config files and
> > autodiscover handlers). Any
> > comments on this? Good idea/bad idea/hard idea? It **looks**
> > like something
> > easy to do atm but ...
>
> It is easy to do.  There is also the cross config package that
> should bridge the gaps dynamically.  It is Excalibur XFC.  If
> that solve the problem (i.e. can be used at runtime), then there
> really isn't a need for YAC (yet another container).

I agree - better to remove the need for the container. Marcus what do you
think would be best? I had a look at the code and it looks to be more general
than is really required in the container. It may be simpler to do the
transformation in fortress directly. XFC would still be required to migrate
applications properly but one way runtime transform could be done in
fortress.

Thoughts?

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
"Artists can color the sky red because they know it's blue.  Those of us who
 aren't artists must color things the way they really are or people might
 think we're stupid." -- Jules Feiffer