avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: signing up to the Avalon PMC ?
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2002 04:53:05 GMT
On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 04:44:48AM +0100, Stephen McConnell wrote:

> Jeff:
>
> Are you going to "opt-in" on the Avalon PMC - everyone else is onboard!

(sorry for inattention, distracted by Forrest;)

I'm a bit confused.. there's two issues here:

 1. Avalon Project Management
 2. Committer legal protection

Are people signing up for the PMC in order to attain 2)?  I thought that
PMC member != ASF member, so 2) is not relevant.

Which leaves 1).  As an inactive committer I don't think I have a right
to express _binding_ views on Avalon "management", so I shouldn't be on a
PMC.

So if PMC membership implies legal protection, count me in :) I'll mind
my own business and not -1 anything.  Otherwise count me out.

thanks,

--Jeff