avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fortress Backwards Compat
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 16:08:32 GMT
On Sat, 9 Nov 2002 01:59, Peter Royal wrote:
> On Thursday, November 7, 2002, at 11:15  PM, Peter Donald wrote:
> > One more thing. I was thinking of making ComponentFactory do all the
> > proxying
> > of services. Essentially it would only return proxies. The advantage
> > of this
> > is that all the proxying would be in one place and consistent. The
> > disadvantage is that we don't know which interfaces need to be proxied
> > so we
> > will pretty much have to proxy all of them except for ones we
> > recognize as
> > being non-proxyable. ie
> >
> > * Lifecycle interfaces
> > * Lifestyle interfaces
> > * certain jdk interfaces (like java.io.Serializable)
> >
> > It means there may be a little more exposed than strictly necessary
> > but it is
> > still better than what we have now. Thoughts?
>
> Could we separate that into two pieces? A ComponentFactory and a
> ComponentProxyGenerator?

Simple enough. But do you mind if it is still ComponentFactory that calls
ComponentProxyGenerator and olny returns proxied instances?

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
The phrase "computer literate user" really means the person
has been hurt so many times that the scar tissue is thick
enough so he no longer feels the pain.
   -- Alan Cooper, The Inmates are Running the Asylum