avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fortress Backwards Compat
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 04:15:32 GMT
One more thing. I was thinking of making ComponentFactory do all the proxying
of services. Essentially it would only return proxies. The advantage of this
is that all the proxying would be in one place and consistent. The
disadvantage is that we don't know which interfaces need to be proxied so we
will pretty much have to proxy all of them except for ones we recognize as
being non-proxyable. ie

* Lifecycle interfaces
* Lifestyle interfaces
* certain jdk interfaces (like java.io.Serializable)

It means there may be a little more exposed than strictly necessary but it is
still better than what we have now. Thoughts?

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald