avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about using container.jar with Tomcat.
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2002 15:54:35 GMT
On Thu, 7 Nov 2002 22:52, Leif Mortenson wrote:
> Peter,
> Thanks, but that patch didn't solve the problem. Even mentioning
> framework in the
> Extension list throws an error. The error changed to:
>
> 2002-11-07 20:48:01 StandardHost[localhost]: ContainerBase.addChild: start:
> LifecycleException: Missing optional package Extension[avalon-framework]

Wierd. Can you tell me whether avalon-framework.jar contains the relevent
extension declaration in the manifest? (Or even just send us the manifest).
If not then that sthe problem  - if it does then it looks like it may be a TC
bug. There were a few bugs in the extension handling code but I told Craig -
not sure if he fixed them.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
 "Man's mind stretched to a new idea never goes back to its original
dimensions." -Oliver Wendell Holmes