avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrestize Phoenix
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2002 14:11:19 GMT
On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 12:56:05PM +1100, Peter Donald wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Nov 2002 11:59, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> > > The steps involved in doing this include;
> > > * creating an xslt sheet that converts from anakia to forrests
> > > document DTD
> > > * converting all the docs to this new DTD

Or, to respect Berin's previously stated request, do the conversion on
the fly.  Btw, there's a docbook2document.xsl in Forrest which is an
expanded version of the one Berin wrote.

> > > * updating the build process to actually use forrest
> >
> > Can't we simply require Forrest to be installed?
>
> We can do that. But the docs need to be generated as part of the "dist" ant
> target. So I figured the best way was to call forrest from docs.xml - is
> there an alternative ?

There is an "Invoking Forrest from Ant" section at the end of
http://xml.apache.org/forrest/your-project.html

Basically, Forrest provides a build.xml snippet containing:

 - the Forrest targets (site, webapp, war, validate)
 - a script to look for $FORREST_HOME, or ${forrest.home} defined in any
   properties file, including .ant.propeties
 - if Forrest wasn't found, prints a message describing how to install
   Forrest.

> > Can I dare to volunteer?
>
> That would be fantastic!

:) If you run out of time, pass the baton..

--Jeff