avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Use a unified avalon-dev and avalon-user mailing list
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2002 10:36:43 GMT
On Wed, 2002-11-27 at 08:46, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> I propose that we switch to a single avalon-dev and avalon-user mailing
> list.

by this you mean reducing

avalon-dev@jakarta.apache.org
avalon-phoenix-dev@jakarta.apache.org
avalon-apps@jakarta.apache.org

avalon-dev@jakarta.apache.org

while keeping

avalon-user@jakarta.apache.org

> It enables us to follow better all that is happening in avalon-land, and
> is much more important now that we are working on a unified vision.

The disadvantage is that it will make it more difficult for people that
have no time to follow up on what is happening in avalon-land to follow
up on and contribute to the phoenix codebase.

Of course, the counterargument is that we should draw in those people
further, that we should work towards making sure that what is happening
in "avalon-land" is the same as what is happening in "phoenix-land".

I support the idea, and think it is a good idea in the long run. Making
this change now might be counterproductive. I think we should shelve
this change for a month, maybe two.

> Please cast your votes (on avalon-dev@jakarta.apache.org):
>
> mine: +1

-0 for complete merge
+1 for merging avalon-apps into avalon-phoenix-dev

cheers,

- Leo